Are you planning a multi-family gathering this summer? You’ll need lots of different activities to accommodate a range of interests. You’ll probably also appreciate separate living quarters so you can have a wee bit of privacy. Luckily, there are lots of options for you!
I’ve looked around the country and offer up the following:
Estes Park, CO
* Guests have the choice of 200 cabins, ranging in size from two to 16 bedrooms, and 600 lodge rooms.
* FAMILY REUNION CABINS: Reserve one of YMCA of the Rockies’ eight-room family reunion cabins, and the entire family can stay close. Able to accommodate up to 40 people, these cabins feature full kitchens complete with two refrigerators and two ovens to handle mealtimes. Each room includes a private bathroom. There is even a room
furnished with several sets of bunk beds perfect for the younger cousins to have late night pajama parties without keeping the rest of the family awake!
* DAY CAMPS: If the family wants to go white water rafting, but it’s too rough for the youngest guests, they can spend the day adventuring with other kids their age at the YMCA’s Day Camp.
* FAMILY REUNION UNIVERSITY: For guests worried about getting all of the details, schedules and family members coordinated for an upcoming reunion, the YMCA of the Rockies offers an annual Family Reunion University (FRU) weekend. Slated for November 12-14, 2010 at Estes Park Center.
*On-site activities include a zip line, horseback riding, archery, fly-fishing, hiking, mountain biking, a brand new craft center and an indoor swimming pool.
* Located very close to the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, with a plethora of additional outdoor activities.
This world-class resort includes:
*73 California ranch-style studio cottages and spacious suites accommodating up to 200 guests
*Equestrian Program with 100 quarter houses
*100-acre spring-fed Alisal Lake – activities include fishing, fly fishing, kayaking, sailing, canoeing, etc.
*Tennis Center with six courts
*Two 72-par golf courses – The Ranch Course and The River Course
*Fitness Center & Spa
*Full Children’s Program
*The Alisal Barn Yard
*Outdoor swimming pool, spa and poolside pavilion
*Croquet, Volleyball & Billiards Room
*Challenge Ropes Course
*4 on-site restaurants
Port Aransas, Texas
*Condos and homes available for rent
*Bicycle rental, umbrella rental, fishing equipment rental
*Outdoor movies on a huge inflatable screen(!)
*Yoga on the beach
*A great lawn/fire pit for bon fires
*A pool house/club house perfect for parties/family gatherings
*An artisan’s village where artists can be found creating and selling their art
*A brand new Arnold Palmer golf course right near by
*A horizon pool and fitness center
*An R & R lounge opening this summer where guests can enjoy coffee and ice cream during the day and adult beverages in the evening
*Currently under construction: a town center will feature casual restaurants and retail stores
*Some of the best deep sea fishing in the world
4. Chimney Hill
Mount Snow and Haystack Mountain Area
*Association with 500 stand alone homes on over 1000 acres
*More than 50 homes available for rental
*A complex Clubhouse with an indoor and outdoor pool, BBQ pits, saunas, game room, TV room, billards, table tennis, arcade games, bocce, horse shoes, shuffle board
*Also in the complex are 6 tennis courts, basketball, skating rink, nature trails, snow mobile trails, stocked fishing ponds, look out points and picnic areas.
*The local area has amazing golf courses, a lake with jetski rentals, kayaks, etc…as well as a wonderful downtown area with divine restaurants, antiques, and shops.
Share this post