By Contributing Writer, Sarah Farthing.
Temperatures have been soaring in the midwest and I’ve been daydreaming of fried chicken, sweet tea and all the wonderful fresh fruit summertime brings with it. I can’t wait to try this easy Paula Deen recipe my mom passed along for a tasty fruit tray with dip:
- 2 whole pineapples
- 2 large clusters green seedless grapes
- 6 oranges, peeled and sliced into wheels
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into cubes or balled
- 24 long stemmed strawberries
- 6 to 8 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- red leaf lettuce, to line your tray
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- pineapple juice
Soften cream cheese and then whip with powdered sugar. Whip cream and sugar together until it forms soft peaks. Combine beaten cream cheese, whipped cream, lemon juice and zest; continue to beat, adding just enough pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency. Serve with fresh fruit tray or fruit salad.
I am ready for summer to hit the table!
Share this post
You might like...