On this day of Giving Thanks, it’s easy to focus solely on the cooking or the guests arriving and thus miss the essence of this day.
I often remind myself “The Best Things in Life are Not Things.” This gratitude has nothing to do with material things, money or “having more”.
It’s about substance: people, relationships, spirit.
Here is my Gratitude List for today.
1. The Running Man who is my partner for eternity.
2. Our 2 little adorables with their mischief shrieks and laughter who have brought so much more love into our home, even when creating mayhem.
3. Our parents and siblings who provided us with quite a foundation.
4. An interesting and sorted group of ancestors whose stories have taught me “life is what you make it”.
5. Close friendships with an incredible collection of people both entertaining and inspiring.
6. Random acts of kindness by complete strangers.
7. The shocking beauty of this world.
8. Traveling to distant countries and corners of our own country to see the innate goodness of people.
9. Our U.S. soldiers stationed here and abroad who defend our freedoms.
10 This website for the reconnection with old friends, introduction to new friends and all the joy it has created.
My wishes for a fabulous, grateful day to you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving.
What are you grateful for? Please share – it’s so inspiring to read.
Share this post