Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! I hope you had a fabulous day!
I found this recipe in my May 2013 Better Homes and Gardens Magazine and it has fast become one of our household favorites. The Running Man and I have really been trying to eat much healthier and this is seriously healthy, tastes amazing, and has all the fresh crunchy ingredients that remind me of summer.
And the adorables like it too (sans the yogurt sauce – but the very same yogurt sauce makes the recipe for the adults. Crazy kids.)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
2. Meanwhile, for Lemon-Cucumber Relish, in a medium bowl combine cucumber, tomato, onion, lemon peel, lemon juice, and garlic; stir to combine. In a small bowl combine yogurt, honey, and milk; stir to combine.
3. To serve, top chicken with Lemon-Cucumber Relish. Drizzle with yogurt sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Love that Better Homes and Gardens also includes the calorie count – each serving is just 283 calories!
Share this post
You might like...