I thought this idea was so brilliant I had to share…
This is the IKEA Pax wardrobe which houses 4 laundry baskets for whites, darks, towels, and permanent press.
Here’s how it works: when the basket is full, it goes into the washer. Simple and brilliant.
I also asked Professional Organizer, Rivka Caroline, of SoBeOrganized for additional laundry room tips. She had stellar ideas:
1. Buy sock-locks and teach your children to lock their socks. (I’d never seen these, have you?)
2. Banish time and money wasting sorting by placing a hamper in each bedroom.
3. Make a schedule where each room gets its hamper washed on certain days of the week.
4. If you have a constant pile of ironing / clothes to be fixed that is clulttering up the space either fix a set time each week to iron or outsource it.
5. Don’t allow your laundry room to have other items stored there.
6. Avoid laundry room clutter by containerizing – get an assortment of containers and organize into different categories and put a label on the front.
7. Keep a garbage can within reach for used dryer sheets and lint.
8. Keep a spray cleaner handy to clean the washer and dryer.
9. Clean the inside of your washing machine 3x a year with vinegar and cold water to prevent mildew.
What are your tips for the laundry? Do you have a system? Do you wash on particular days? Do your adorables help?