That’s Mini-Vacation Wednesday for you! Today we’re headed to sunny Santa Monica where there is a plethora of fun available for you and your adorables.
So without further adieu, here’s our to-do list…
1. The recently reopened Annenberg Community Beach House is a great place for kids and families to relax and play. The mansion was originally built in the 1920′s for Marion Davies, actress and mistress of William Hearst, and since then it was the “hot-spot” for A-list celebs. Recently renovated only last April into a public beach house is now once again a hot-spot for everyone. Here, guests can enjoy the pool and the guest house facilities or walk onto the beach and enjoy the wide beaches of Santa Monica. The pool is open from 10am-6pm, recreation and family fitness classes, docent tours, volleyball and tennis courts available upon reservation, beach rentals (chairs, balls, boogie boards, etc.) a café, and more. The beach house is a great place to spend anywhere from a few hours to a full day. For more information, please visit: http://beachhouse.smgov.net/
2. The Santa Monica Pier is the perfect place for families to spend a day. With many activities to offer its patrons, both parents and kids will enjoy their time spent on the historical, iconic Pier. The following are great activities for families and kids:
- Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier is a kid favorite! Clean and safe, this amusement park features a Ferris wheel, miniature golf course, numerous kids’ rides and carnival games – all with an unbeatable ocean view. For more information, please visit: http://www.pacpark.com/
- When your adorables get hungry, make sure to stop by any one of these family friendly restaurants: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Rusty’s Surf Ranch, the Omelette Parlor or Hot Dog on a Stick (the original is located just South of the Pier) for a bite to eat.
- Next, visit the Pier Aquarium, where your adorables can discover marine animals and plants through interactive displays, touch tanks, habitat tanks and more. For more information please visit: http://www.healthebay.org/smpa/
- Right next to the aquarium is the historic 1922 Carousel. Stop by for a quick ride!
- If you’re feeling adventurous, stop by at the Trapeze School where they offer daily frying trapeze and silks classes and more. For more information, please visit: www.TrapezeSchool.com
3. There are multiple year-round surf camps and schools that are very popular with the elder adorables and their parents . Private, semi-private and group lessons are available.
4. Perry’s Café offers bike tours and bike rentals on the beach. Perry’s bike rental fleet is the largest in California and offers a variety of bikes, as well as other equipment. Tours last about 1.5-2 hours and take you through everything Santa Monica and Venice. Its a great way to really see Santa Monica and Venice in a relatively short amount of time. For more information, please visit: http://www.perryscafe.com/tour.html and http://www.perryscafe.com/rent.html
5. Color Me Mine is a wonderful place for families to spend a couple of creative hours painting ceramics. With over 300 ceramic pieces to choose from, kids and parents alike will find an inspiring piece they can make all their own. Fro more information, please visit: http://www.santamonica.colormemine.com/
6. Magicopolis is a a live magic show for both kids and adults. Opened in 1998 with magicians Penn & Teller, the show has remained a highly popular and revered attraction in Santa Monica, frequently visited by celebrity visitors. For more information, please visit: http://www.magicopolis.com/
7. 3rd Street Promenade is a pedestrian only shopping and dining street. With street performers, public art and great family-friendly establishments, its a great place for kids and families to go hang out for a few hours and shop and dine.
Many thanks to Monica Ballin at SantaMonica.com for these great photos and ideas!
Where would you like to visit next on Mini-Vacation Wednesday? Leave me a comment or send me an email!
Also, a giveaway today on The Good Stuff Guide Facebook Page! Become a fan and answer the question to enter. Have a great day!
Share this post