It’s summer and I’m all about citrus this time of year.
This is a perennial favorite.
Note the crust is tricky – the butter has to be chilled, but pliable, but not at all runny. I know – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to make the crust twice.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
zest of 1 lemon
6 1/2 T lemon juice
6 T flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
powdered sugar for dusting
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) If using food processor, use chilled butter. If not, use butter at room temperature. Butter can’t be drippy or the dough turns to glop.
3) Cut butter into cup of sifted flour and powdered sugar. When crumbly and well-mixed, press mixture into bottom of 9X13 pan.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
5) For topping, combine, eggs, sugar, lemon juice, zest, flour and baking powder.
6) Pour mixture over hot crust, bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
7) Chill completely before cutting.
What are your favorite summertime recipes?
Share this post
You might like...