I’m hoping I’m not too late with this – I know the schools in the South start their summers uber-early. My elder adorable’s last day is coming up very soon so I’m getting my gifts for his terrific teachers ready now.
I’ve been polling friends for their favorite gift ideas (teachers agreed: no more mugs!) and here’s my short-and-sweet list:
1. Personalized pre-loaded Visa cards from Giftcards.com
The last couple of years, all the moms in my adorable’s class have been pooling their money for one large gift. Giftcards.com provides a personalized pre-loaded Visa card (in any amount) for a fee of $3.95-5.95. I love this idea because teachers can use it anywhere for anything.
2. A gift certificate to a local restaurant or book store
Treat your teacher to a new book, a meal, or “coffee on me”.
3. Gear for the beach or pool
How about a new beach towel, flip flops, book and sunscreen for their relaxing time?
4. Something sweet and baked by you and your adorable
Lemon bars, chocolate chip cookies, cakes, breads, you name it. Your adorable’s pride will shine through.
5. Movie Night!
Fill a popcorn bowl with microwave popcorn, seasonings, movie theater candy and a Blockbuster or Netflix gift card.
6. A gift certificate for a mani and/or pedi
Need I say more??
7. A donation of some of your adorable’s favorite books for the class library
Be sure to inscribe the books with something like “A favorite book of Your Adorable’s Name: 2010″ so other students can be delighted to find it later.
8. A gift certificate to your local Teacher store
We all know teachers often spend their own money for teaching supplies, and wouldn’t this be appreciated?
9. A monogrammed tote bag from Land’s End for carting all their papers to grade, plan book, etc
Am I the only one who just adores these? I use them for everything and I can’t have enough of them.
10. An invitation to dinner in your home
Have your adorable help you create the menu and cook. A friend of mine’s brother taught Meatloaf (the singer)’s adorables and they invited him to dinner at their home to get to know him. #1: He got to have dinner at Meatloaf’s house, and #2: what a great way to really get to know your teachers. Make sure to include your teacher’s spouse and perhaps their adorables.
I hope these ideas help! Please share your great ideas below too.
Share this post