- Polka dots
- Stripes – especially navy and white
- The Sound of Music
- Fun dangling earrings
- Fresh cut flowers on my kitchen table
- My youngest daughter’s laugh
- Blue summer skies with white billowing clouds
- The sound of a tea kettle whistling
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee
- Dutch doors
- Clean stacks of laundry
- Sport sounds – the crack of a bat hitting a baseball, the swoosh of a golf swing, the sound a basketball makes as it dives through the net
- Newborns, especially if I don’t have to be up all night with them!
- A clear night sky bursting with stars
- Christmas carols
- Pumpkin bread
- Old friends
- Dinner with friends
One of my favorite lines, and a well known one, is from the play Our Town. “Good-bye to clocks ticking….and Mama’s sunflowers. And food and coffee. And new ironed dresses and hot baths….and sleeping and waking up. Oh, earth, you are too wonderful for anybody to realize you. Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it– every, every minute?”.
Clocks ticking, that is a wonderful sound. And how about the turn signal on your car? Mine always reminds me of driving with my Nana. The rhythmic clicking sound takes me back and suddenly I am seven again in the car with my grandmother, on one of our outings. So tell me, what is it you love?
Share this post
You might like...
Category: Random and Fun