No Heidis were injured in the making of this post.
Get ready for randomness, friends….
1. My eldest started full gear for hockey this spring. While most of you are enjoying the warm weather, I’m grabbing our winter coats to bundle up for the rink.
This boy is totally and completely geeked to be playing. Let me tell you, there are a lot of pieces going on there. And this is just the start for me…
Younger adorable is skating too. I could eat him up he’s so cute.
2. In addition to hockey, we also started full pad lacrosse (which of course is slightly different equipment – I’ve been hoarding coupons to Sports Authority)
Notice the knees – try as I might I can NOT get those knees clean. I’ve tried soaking them in the bath and scrubbing them with baby wipes, they will not come clean. Ideas?
Younger adorable digs the playground next to Lacrosse practice.
3. We’re also playing golf (1X per week) and soccer (2X for elder and 1X for younger) and starting tennis soon. Can you say overscheduled?
4. As I was touring through random homes online (I’m an MLS stalker), I found the most profound, drop-dead amazing laundry room I’ve ever seen.
Be still my heart, because you are racing like Secretariat. You’ll see this again sometime when I’ve added to my folder of fabulous rooms.
5. Speaking of, we watched Secretariat for our Sunday Family Movie Night. Every one of us loved it. I highly recommend it for all ages, though we did fast-forward a couple of emotional scenes that tend to bore the adorables.
6. My boys are still allowing me to dress them in matching shirts. This makes me crazy happy. Sometimes they even come out already matched.
I know I have a limited window with this.
7. My planters are rocking my world this spring. It stopped raining for 5 minutes today and I ran out to take these:
I found these Gardenia trees at Costco for $29.99 and I couldn’t resist. Of course I needed new planters and *luckily* I found these Toulon planters at Ballard Designs. (These are the medium size). Then I planted various creeping white annuals on top and instantly you have a Happy Heidi. Elder adorable has the chore of watering them daily – I’m terrible at this. He’s done a good job so far.
These are the planters in the backyard: they consist of pink geraniums (1 big one), 3 white snapdragons, 3 “Big Blue” Lobelia and 6 white Alyssum packed in there like sardines. It’s love, friends.
8. I’ve had the most obnoxious urge to make these Chocolate Oatmeal Big Ole’ Hunk a Love. So far I’ve resisted, but I can’t guarantee I’ll hold out for much longer.
What’s new with you?