If you see a lot of this going on in your house over the weekend:
I’m telling you, embrace it and enjoy the food.
I’d like to introduce you to my caterer:
(Hello my love. I’m all tingly just thinking about you.)
In case you haven’t already figured this out, I’m all about easy.
So here are my staples served smorgasbord style:
1. Meatballs (I’m sorry Costco’s frozen ones are the best. Pour in the Yoshida’s sauce (also Costco) while they cook and you have a winner on your hands).
2. Chips and one or more of the following: salsa, guac, layered dip.
3. Veggies and dip: I love the yellow Knorr’s packet that makes the Vegetable dip with water chestnuts.
Sorry the veggies are on another plate, but just imagine this on a big platter with all the usuals. And just to clarify: veggie platters at Costco rock, but Knorr’s packet is at your local grocery store. Just buy 5 of them next time you’re there. They look like this:
Okay, here’s where we venture away from the Costco (and grocery store) essentials. You can find these delightfuls at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods:
4. Fillo Factory’s Brie and Raspberry Fillo Rolls
They are beyond excellent.
5. Another Fillo Factory winner are their Assorted Mini Quiches.
I’m telling you, yum.
6. Then we make a huge vat of chili, but really we’re too full from all the other deliciousness to get to it.
And this is why I love fall football.
We can always use some new ideas at our house, so please share your fav’s!
Share this post